Sunday, December 5, 2010

Master Backhand Loop in Table Tennis


The backhand loop is one of the most difficult stroke in table tennis and many players tend to neglect it. But once mastered, it can be a very satisfying stroke and you can get lots of fun executing it. I remembered when as a student at University of Miami,Florida,some thirty years ago,I was watching some experienced players applying the technique and having lots of fun. But when I tried executing it, the ball either went flying into the air or just missed my bat and hit  my chest instead.
It was not until ten years later, playing at Boardwalk in Vancouver that I had a chance to get some coaching from an ex-National player of Hong Kong. He taught me  the right way to execute this delicate stroke. Wow, what a fun it was, after I had learnt the right technique! Now I became convinced that you can master anything if you get the right coach.
So my development as a table tennis player evolved slowly but surely from then on. I don't know how many of you out there share the same passion as me for this game. I remembered some days when I played practically from early morning to late evening, stopping only for a quick lunch in the afternoon. I am a player who find it hard to say NO to any invitation to have a round of table tennis. I remembered fondly those days when I could outplay my opponent not so much for my better skill but for my extra stamina in playing 'marathon' table tennis.
But as I became wiser, I realized that I could derive more pleasure from the game when I could play better. That means improving all the different strokes including the seemingly difficult backhand loop. 
Get more tips on how to master backhand loop by visiting: http://www.squidoo.com/master-backhand-loop-in-table-tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment